OASIS TRANSITIONAL LIVING
Oasis of Northwest Arkansas is an 18-month transitional living program for women in recovery and their children.
Oasis provide foods, clothing, shelter, educational, and employment opportunities, while walking alongside women who are ready to reconstruct their lives. We are dedicated to restoring individuals, rebuilding families, and transforming communities!
Oasis of Northwest Application Process:
Background Check (we are unable to accept sexual or violent offenders)
Clean drug / alcohol screening
Completion of drug / alcohol treatment program (At least 28 days clean)
Once accepted to Oasis of Northwest Arkansas, residents must obtain gainful employment or attend school full-time. Residents are required to attend 3 recovery meetings per week,
obtain a sponsor and meet regularly with that sponsor. Residents must attend mandatory Spiritual meetings Wednesday at 5:30 pm, and the Oasis House Meeting on Sunday evenings at 6pm. There is a shared housing cost of $110/week and a $220.00 required deposit.
This is only a brief description of Oasis NWA’s rules and requirements. A detailed Resident Handbook is provided upon approval.
Experience has repeatedly demonstrated that there are several factors which promote a positive experience at Oasis of Northwest Arkansas. If you can embrace new ideas, you will be able to complete your goals and will feel good about the changes you have accomplished.
Suggestions for successful transitional living:
1. Accept that you must be personally responsible for your own behavior and that you need to give up behavior that does not work well for you.
2. Commit yourself to changing your unhealthy behaviors by learning from your mistakes and exploring why you made these mistakes.
3. Commit to being open about your thoughts and feelings and do not keep secrets.
4. Commit yourself to talking directly to staff and peers about your thoughts and feelings rather than acting out.
5. Commit yourself to being honest in all of your relationships and to avoid lies and distortions. This also means being honest with yourself.
6. Be willing to follow house rules and limits, even if you do not agree with them.
7. Accept the value of relationships with others so that learning to develop and maintain close, trusting relationships will be an important life goal.
8. Accept the value of work, which means going to work, setting goals for yourself, and striving toward honest financial and personal independence.
9. Accept that you can learn from your own experiences and the experience of others if you are willing to take advantage of these experiences as “teachable moments”.
10. Accept that the Oasis of Northwest Arkansas staff are dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain recovery from chemical dependency and all the ramifications that come from that condition.
11. Keep in mind HOW to obtain and maintain recovery: Honesty Open-mindedness Willingness
Foundation of Oasis of Northwest Arkansas: God - Family - Work